Thursday, May 04, 2006

Memories...

"Mem'ries,Like the corners of my mind,Misty water-colored memories,Of the way we were...."
Those lyrics were running through my mind this morning. I have thought about Kierra a lot this week. I went to bake cookies last week, such a domestic thing for me, and remembered Kierra had left some in the freezer when she lived here. Tears sprung to my eyes when I opened the container only to find her chocolate stash. It made me laugh too. I had never gone into the container before. It was hers, she left it there, I want to leave it there. Good old Kie, still pulling pranks on me! Then last night, while studying for my statistics exam, I saw the figurine mom had gotten me for Christmas. Two girls on a bench, one long haired brunette, the other with short hair. The meaning behind it finally hit me. One of the last things Kierra and I did together was lay in my bed and just talk. She had a lot of stuff on her mind, and just really needed me to talk to. I kept making her laugh. We had turned on the radio so the guys couldn't hear us, and I would hear a song I knew and sing to her. I miss those times. There has been so much I wanted to talk to her about, questions about stuff in my life I knew she would have answers to. But the answers are gone. I find them in other places. It is still really hard no longer having my big sister. We were apart for so long, both on different paths, and they had finally met and converged into one.
"Then the rainstorm came, over me,And I felt my spirit break,I had lost all of my, belief you see,And realized my mistake,But time threw a prayer, to me,And all around me became still..."
Sorry! That Seal song came to me too. I have a penchant for things like that. I usually have a song in my head, or on my heart. They help me express myself sometimes. I have a passion for music. It has been a kind of release for me the past few years. I guess everybody needs something to help them through things. Well, enough depressing drivel for now. Just had to put my thoughts out there before I got too depressed. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!Bri,
It;s okay, your allowed to have those memories, those moements. I think, it has been one of those weeks. As I talked to your Mom, her and I both have just been in a funk. But, you have beautiful memories of your sister to share with the babies. Save the chocolate!. I would too!. Love you! You and your Mom and Kierra are the Wind Beneath My Wings!.
Love You, Aunt Terry

MJ said...

I am always here for you my baby girl..it really has been one of those weeks! Love you more than words can say, Mom