Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Back to Reality...

Well, the trip was definitely worth it!! I was able to spend some much needed time with my husband, and with some family. Easter was rough. We went to grandma's church, and I saw the gazebo for the first time in a long time. I was holding back tears. I could just picture Kierra dancing with daddy there, her with Darnell, but I just went to the car, then straight back inside. It was not the time to dwell. Brenda and I were able to catch up on a lot. We keep trying to see each other, but our schedules conflict. It was nice to just chill, and to talk again.
Justin loved his birthday gift. We had a very nice time at the hotel, and he was thoroughly surprised! We also had a nice visit with his brother in Kentucky, and we got to spend some time with Brittany as well. A few funny stories for you...
1) Brenda and I got mom to pull over on the side of a 4 lane highway to save a butterfly from her windshield wiper before it died
2) Those room service guys are very chatty. Especially when you are laying in bed, naked under the covers. I understand they are used to that, but I am not!!
3) Never get used to people saying your name wrong. In Indiana, we were playing pool with Brit, when two officers walked in, full uniform, with gloves on and all. They said they were looking for a Brianna Garrison. Yeah, all Brit and I heard was the first name, we both freaked a little! They left, we breathed a huge sigh of relief.
We did some stuff on our own as well. We rode through Amishville, and got some awesome pictures of the land and such. It is illegal in the state of Indiana to take pictures of the Amish themselves. We also stopped at Cumberland Fals in the Daniel Boone Natinal Forest in Kentucky. Over all it was a very nice trip, it just seemed so short! It was a pain to get back to work o n monday!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Don't forget about our little floor show at the day spa while your mom was getting her legs waxed. Did you ever get the cookie she promised us, because I sure didn't, lol. I had a great time playing Sorry with you and all the talking we got to do out on the deck, where we could see REAL stars. I almost forgot what they looked like. I am glad you enjoyed your trip, and got to surprised Justin. Latter girlie!