Friday, April 14, 2006

it Will All Be Worth It, Right?

Oh my goodness! I am soooo tired! We leave for Tennessee today, so Justin and I both are at work early. I was here at 5:30am, he got to work around 6am. However, he at least got a few hours sleep last night. Me? I stayed up literally all night getting stuff ready. The good news is I found out where the laundry room floor went, and rediscovered my keen clothes folding skills! Justin is fully packed, and he found another suitcase for me this morning. All I need to do when I get home is put my stuff in it, and we should be ready to go. I am so excited about this trip! Justin never reads my blog, so I can spill my secret for his birthday. He has always wanted to go to a really nice hotel, have a nice dinner, and all that jazz. Of course, nice is like 3 diamonds. So, loving wife that I am, I started saving. For his birthday we are going to the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, TN. They have a really nice package that has champagne, flowers, dinner, and breakfast all included with the room. He has no clue! All I said to him is that it is 6 hours from Dandridge, where we are headed tonight, and six hours from Kentucky, where we will be going to see his oldest brother. I also said there are ducks, which the Peabody in Memphis is famous for. His only other clue is that it is the home of Sun Studio, which is where Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee and all of them got their starts. He was still lost. He was not allowed to google, ask anyone, or try to look up this stuff at all. He is so curious!!
So, here I sit, at a desk at work, until 2pm, trying not to fall asleep, trying to keep busy, keep my mind working, and still remembering stuff I will need to do. I can do this! Hopefully, it will all be worth it....

No comments: