Thursday, May 25, 2006

Life is like a "toco salid".....

Life is like a "toco salid" all mixed up, a little spicy, a few hard bites, but overall tasty. Or should I say zesty? Of course, you are probably wondering why I spelled that wrong. Me, of all people, who is like a walking spell checker, spelling two words wrong, in a row! Well, simple. Kierra used to spell those words exactly as they appear. She had a habit of spelling things phonetically, or how they sound. I thought about that last night. It was one of her quirks. She had been making a grocery list, and spelled those words, along with a few others, wrong. I used to pick at her for them. She would generally hit me, or call me some four to five letter explicative. This has been one of those rough weeks. I thought about her a lot. Sometimes I cannot help but cry over the times we shared. The memories are still so tender, so raw. They are bittersweet at times. I love to think of her, remember all the good times, remember her face, her laugh. Then I remember it is gone from this world forever. I feel selfish saying or writing it, but I want her back. I want my big sister, the only sister I ever had. She can never be replaced, or set aside. Just held onto, cherished, remembered forever with happiness. I still miss her so much, it seems like yesterday everything happened, when it has been over 6 months. So much has changed.
Justin was in a car accident last Friday. He was stopped with traffic, and a mustang going 45-50 mph hit him from behind. He hit his head, but was okay. He came to the ER and got looked at and they cleared him. It just worried me. He had been on the way home from work, was going to the bank, and bam! I admit I was very scared. It just brought so much back.
Well, on a lighter note! Tuesday was Hunter's day. I took him to the park, to lunch, to his appointment, and then for ice cream. He loved it. We are all going to Phantom of the Opera this Saturday. I can't wait! I love musicals! It is awesome to see them performed live!
Well, I have depressed you enough, so I will let it be for now, and try to write again soon. TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you! remember all the good times, she is always with you. I know it is hard! But, she will never be forgotten, sometimes, life just isn't fair at all. The good are always suffering while the bad tend to be set free. But, they will get judged on that judgement day.
Enjoy the opera! I know Hunter will, since he know's all the songs.
Anytime, you can call me, no matter what time it is, IM like your Mom, who sleeps???. Thank God Justin is okay! Love to you! Sweetie!.
Found a song, and tears rolled down the eyes, it is an oldie, It's called Goodbye To You My Friend, By Linda Ronstand. I forgot about that song!. It hit me to the core.
Love Aunt Terry

Nancy said...

Hey sweetie,
I know the hurt and pain only in a different way and my heart feels for you. As your mom and Aunt Terri loved me with "ride the waves, we're you're life bouys". Occasionally the water feels really deep and then there are times it's a puddle. Embrace it for what it is and know that you're surrounded with love.
As for Justin, I'm glad he's not hurt. Did it knock any sense into him? Love Aunt Nancy