Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New faces (or snouts as it may be)

Big news on the homefront! (No, I am not pregnant!) Justin got a new puppy. No, it was not a mutual decision. He saw the puppies next door at his parents house, and was awestruck. How cute! Look baby! I told him we needed to talk about it, but did he listen? Of course not! He walked in an hour later with the puppy in his arms. Look baby! They gave her to me! The result? A very cute, but very wild red-nose pitbull puppy. She is white with tan markings. (pics to come)We have already had to treat her for fleas, get all her shots, and take some pre-emptive measures to make sure she does not have worms. Woo-hoo! However, she is very cute, and is learning to listen. We are planning on taking her to puppy classes to help train her. Her and Chaser are getting along, he likes her. She will be spayed, no more puppies for me! Ohhhh! You probably want to know what we named her, huh?
We had started calling her Athena. Justin said he wanted a strong name. What could be stronger than a goddess of wisdom? He still wanted a full name for her. Since Athena is a Greek goddess, we started looking into Greek translations for words. Turns out, the Greek word for wisdom is sofia, and goddess is thea. Her full name is Athena goddess of wisdom. In greek it is actually goddess Athena of wisdom, or Thea Athena apo Sofia. In Greek script it looks really cool
θεά Αθηνά της φρόνησης
Like I said, a really long name, but pretty cool and really pretty to say. To m, it sounds a little bit like the name game...Banana fana fo fana...you know what I mean! Well, that is about it for now. I have cut back at work, and am trying to focus on my anatomy & physiology class, which is pretty cool. Justin is doing well at his new job, and has applied for a position with one of the doctors. Catch ya later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Welcome back Girl,
SEE that sounds like your mother. ha! ISN'T HE CUTE! I JUST CAN'T RESIST THE TEMPTATION. I WAS THINKING OF SOME OTHER LINE SHE USES TOO. HA! HA!. I KNOW IM GOING TO BE CAUGHT ON THIS COMMENT BY YOUR MOTHER, BUT, I STILL LOVE HER! SEE, I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HERE, IM PREGANT! NO, NOT ME! YOU!. COME ON CAN'T YOU DO BETTER THEN A PUPPY???
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU BUNCHES,
AUNTIE TERRY
PS THAT LINE, IT'S FREE! HE NEEDED A HOME. HA! HA! IM SO IN TROUBLE.

Brown Eyed Girl_467 said...

Girl, don't I know what you mean. Greg wanted to get a puppy for the kids a few weeks ago and I kept standing my ground. No. No. No. So we go to a rabbit show and what do we come home with? YOU GUESSED IT! We named her "Tempo". You know us, it's gotta be musical or not at all. LOL. Can't wait to see pics. Check out our online album, pics coming soon.

Kentucky Kisses,
Your Shelley