Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Broken.....

"Broken" by Lindsey Haun, Toby Keith
from the movie Broken Bridges

Wake up to a sunny day, not a cloud up in the sky
Then it starts to rain, my defenses hit the ground
And they shatter all around, so open and exposed
I found strength in the struggle
Face to face with my trouble

When you're broken in a million little pieces
And you're trying but you can't hold on anymore
Every tear falls down for a reason
Don't you stop believing in yourself
When you're broken

Little girl don't be so blue
I know what you're going through
Don't let it beat you up
Heaven knows that getting scars
Only makes you who you are
Only makes you who you are
No matter how much your heart is aching
There is beauty in the breaking
Yeah

When you're broken in a million little pieces
And you're trying but you can't hold on anymore
Every tear falls down for a reason
Don't you stop believing in yourself
When you're broken

Better days are gonna find you once again
Every piece will find its place

When you're broken, when you're broken

When you're broken in a million little pieces
And you're trying but you can't hold on anymore
Every tear falls down for a reason
Don't you stop believing in yourself
When you're broken
Oh, when you're broken
When you're broken
When you're broken

This is kind of how I have felt this week. It seems like every time I feel like we are finally moving in the right direction , a wall springs up, knocking us flat on our backs. Whether it is work, money, or emotions, it just all crashes with us. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle, and my attitude shows it. I have tried the whole upbeat thing, but the mask shatters once I walk through my front door. In the past few years, I have started pushing people away. People I have known since I got to Florida. Events happened, people changed, and slowly the relationship faded into the background. I find myself trying to regain my ground, rebuild my path, wherever it may lead, and rebuilding these relationships. Will it ever be the same, in life or in love? Who knows? Only time will tell....
So, I wake up each day, put on my battle armor, and do what I can to make it through each day. Hopefully, the days turn into weeks, maybe eventually into months. A day is all I can ask for right now. A day where I can walk with my head high, my shoulders back, my pride intact. I find myself singing to myself throughout the day. Songs of inspiration, of hope, of peace...all of which I am striving for. Praying, for strength, wisdom, peace that passes all understanding.....I am so thankful for family, friends, people who somehow know what to say to me, whether I want to hear it or not. It makes me think, be grateful for what I do have, for who I am, and that I am still here, desperately fighting to hold onto it all......

This is me, pouring out my heart and soul, riding along on the rollercoaster that is Brianne's Crazy Life........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you deary!!! Just know that...I have been there... you're awesome and you will be fine! Trust in yourself.

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Bri,
Whom I have known since you were a baby, and held you, fed you, and watched you grow into a beautiful christian person. Here is what I do, through all the trials and tribulations I have been. Although your MOM helps me.
There is the song, that we sing, not sure if you have heard of it and you might have. The words are like this and I put it in my head when I go through something and I have been there with you.
No Matter the storms that come my way, No Matter The Trials I may face, No Matter What we see or do God will take care of you. It's a beautiful song with beautiful words, IM here, for you and I hope you know that.
Love and Miss You,
Auntie Terry M.

MJ said...

Both good and bad.. you are your mother's daughter! That armour can get pretty heavy.. always put your own heart first. I love you bunches & bunches.. all the stars in the sky.. you are never alone. Home should be your haven.. let me know if we can help.. love you lots, Mom

Nancy said...

I sincerely hope you feel the lightening of the armour through the love from all of us who love you for the many faces of beauty you shine on us.

Love you
Auntie Nancy