Sunday, December 31, 2006

Monthly Update

I am so glad I have been able to get away for a few days. The past month has been absolutely crazy! Let me see.... My new endocrinologist has informed me I have an insulin resistance issue, reactive hypoglycemia, and early hypothyroidism signs. This means a new horsepill to take daily, oh yeah, and a no carb diet. Yeah, had to start the latter right before Christmas! Not too fun! The holidays however, were. We had a get together at mom's friend Terri's, then drove to Green Cove Springs to look at the 2 miles of lights. Christmas Eve I was sick, but still stayed at mom and dads. I got to be the elf. I wrapped presents for mom, then helped put together the deluxe kitchen for the kids. It was cool having a Christmas sleepover! We got up with the kids and did the whole present unwrapping party. We then went to the in-laws for a little while for a trip to Justin's great aunt's house. The next day I was sick again. This time it was a little more serious. I had not been that sick in years! I had a horrible fever, and woke up with sores in my mouth wednesday morning. Yeah, the doctor says I have hand foot and mouth virus. It is just little sores in the mouth, no meds can help, just use antiseptic mouthwash, no kissing, no sharing food or drink. He also said I probably picked it up in the ER from one of the peds patients. Feeling better, still a few bumps though. So, I am taking a few days to unwind with mom. I need to after a month like that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your better! POOR JUSTIN!!!
Happy New Year! Thanks for the song.